Sunday, July 11, 2010

Guess What!


The Ronquillo Family, members of the Cupang Ward

Sister Ailand Marzan, my first baptism

Self Portrait :)

Hello everybody! Transfer Day is tomorrow, so I'm emailing a little early because we have lots to do to get ready. So guess what..........................I'm transferring! Tomorrow morning I go to the bus station and head to my new area. I don't know yet where I'm going. You don't find out until you get there. We just get an email on Monday before transfers, today, saying we are transferring and to be at the bus station in the morning. Then we get on the bus and go to the different stops till we get to our new area. It is kinda sad to be transferring. Being in this area for 6 months, I've gotten pretty close to the members and investigators. Especially since this is my first area. The people in this ward are awesome, and I will miss them. But I guess that is just part of missionary life. Transferring around so you can get to know and help other people.
(I asked him if he has missed living with or not being around another American since he has only had Filippino companions )
It's not really weird to not have another American around me. I'm pretty used to it now. Whenever I'm walking down the street and see an American, it is really weird. Now darker skin is normal for me. It is weird to see white skin haha. Because I don't really see myself during the day, and I'm just looking at Filippinos. It is awesome. I love these people so much. They are amazing. Their life style is so simple. I could live here. The only thing is I couldn't be away from all of you like that. So it couldn't happen. Only these 2 years. But I love their life style. I fit into it pretty good. haha
Things were pretty good this week. Last update on Brother Bernie. He progressed this week, and hasn't smoked for 3 days now! So that is really exciting. Thanks for your prayers for him. When he gets baptized Elder Dalupan, who is staying here, will send me the pics of it and I will send them to you. Kinda sad to see him progress so far and now be leaving, but that is missionary life.
Do you remember the Gutirrez Family? It is the family, the father and 2 daughters, that we baptized a while ago. But the mother and 2 sons aren't memebers and haven't wanted to listen to us. But yesterday they finally listened and we were able to teach them! It was so exciting! It is amazing to see how they have become more receptive to us. We taught the 2 sons some before, but this is the first time we have taught the mother since we first met them. So that is really exciting to see her finally open up to us.
It sounds like everything is going good for you all. Keep up the faith. Next week I'll be emailing you from my new area and letting you know what all is new. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again. 2nd area, here I come!
Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment