Kumusta!? Isa pang linggo na tapos. Bilis talaga. Grabe! It sounds like everything is going great for you all there. Always glad to hear that. And happy 4th of July. I actually kind of forgot about it until a member at Church yesterday reminded me haha. Kinda weird to have Independence Day on a different day here. But another good week in the books here. I got your package this week. Thank you so much for that. For the food and letters and that. I liked the pictures. The one of JR being dumped off his horse did give me a good laugh haha. I'm glad you all are having a good time, even though the party is really here in the Philippines haha joke lang. But it really is amazing here. The Filippino people are awesome, and the work of the Lord is amazing.
Update on Brother Bernie, he came to church yesterday! We were pretty excited about that. He still hasn't stopped smoking yet, but in our last lesson with him he really committed himself to do it. We have to reset his baptismal goal date, because he has to stop smoking a couple weeks before his baptism. It made him realize how badly he really wants to be baptized, and how he needs to, in his own words "clean his life" before he is baptized. But he really committed himself to do it now and not procrastinate. So it was a good week for him. Please just keep praying for him.
We had another pretty cool experience this last week. Last Sunday a week ago, we were just walking down the road and we were like, hey, lets talk to these people. So we talked to them and set a return appointment. Then last friday we returned and taught them. It is a mother and father in their 40's, and 2 children, in their 20's. As soon as we got there they were really receptive and friendly. The mother was excited for us to share. So we taught them and after the lesson the mother told us, "A lot of missionaries come here from other churches. Usually I take their stuff they offer and listen, but I don't really entertain them like this. But when I saw you 2 I decided to listen because I haven't listened before to your church. But I feel like you are for us. I think what you have is right for us. Is it okay if we go to church at your church?" We were so excited!!!!! I've never seen anyone that receptive and prepared for the gospel. We hadn't said anyting about going to church or that. We just shared our message. And she brought up that she wanted to come to church! It was so exciting. We go back to them on wednesday, so we are excited to see what happens. It is the Valero Family.
We have so many really good investigators right now here in this area. But transfers are just next week, and since I've been in this area for almost 6 months, we are pretty sure I'll transfer. Bit it isn't a sure think. The longest a missionary has been in this area is 9 months. And in some other areas missionaries have been in that one for almost a year. So it isn't sure that I will tranfer but very likely. I'll let you know next week!
Well I hope things keep going well for you all. Keep up the faith. Keep reading from the Book of Mormon. Even if it is just a chapter every morning, it helps. I know it is hard because I never did that when I was home. But I want you all to do better than me. So just continue in the faith, and endure through trials to the end so we can all be together in the Celestial Kingdom. I know this church is true. I love you all and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment