Sunday, January 30, 2011

hello


Eating Dog!

Elders at a birthday party.

Hello family! Glad to hear things are still going good for you all there. Congrats to Dad on being set apart as a High Priest. Now you get to hang out with the old guys and sleep on Sundays haha joke. We do have to teach sometimes on Sundays. They have regular teachers for the classes, but if the teacher is gone we have to teach. Usually in Gospel Essentials Class, or the investigator and recent convert class. Sometimes we have to speak on Sundays too if a speaker doesn't show up or isn't ready. It is always on the spot. So we've gotten used to pulling a talk or lesson together without preparation. But its not like i prepared all that much for talks and lessons before haha.
Mom, don't worry about repeating things in your emails. Usually not much gets repeated in your guys emails. Everybody has different prespectives. Just write whatever is happening, the normal life there. It seems like i forget some of that stuff............
One thing i got thinking i kinda want is some of Dad's homemade jerky. Is there any way you could send me a little bit? Would it get here fine? I can't thing of anything else i really need. I did get the package from Lyndi and them this last week. Thanks for the Reeses!
I don't have a new companion yet. There is still one more week in the transfer. So my companion goes home next, Monday morning. So next Tuesday i will get my new companion. Monday until Tuesday i will be hanging out with another missionary whose companion is also going home. We will be together until we get our new companions.
This week was another one with good experiences. I did try some more Filipino food. Yep, i tried dog! I'll tell you it was surprisingly alright. The thing it tasted the closest to is barbaqued beef haha. Yep, it tastes like beef, not chicken. I thought that was really funny. I ate it at a member's house at a birthday last Monday night.
This last week we did a big fireside for the branch. It was really good. It was focused on family, unity, and Family Home Evening. It was good because a lot of members and investigators came. We really really excited. Me and my companion both gave talks, then we had some games and stuff. It was a lot of fun. And i want to say thanks Mom for making me take piano lessons when i was little. The person that was supposed to play the piano couldn't come, so i filled in. It was kinda sad haha. All it was was the top hand, with a lot of mistakes haha. I want to learn to play the piano a little bit better when i get home. But the couple years of piano lessons at Allreds did pay off this last week. (I love this comment, and he didn't last very long with lessons, but sounds like the little bit paid off)
Well, i don't know what else to tell you all. Everyday is still awesome. This area is really good. Everyday is so awesome in the service of the Lord. I love it so much! Everything is awesome. I wouldn't trade this time here for anything. I know that this work is true. I know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is really so crazy how much power it adds to your days when you read even just 1 chapter every morning. I so took it for granted before. I love you all so much!! God be with you till we meet again!

Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment