Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in the MTC

Kumusta pamilya ko!

The computers here must not like me. I was halfway through my email and lost it so i'll send you a letter with that part of my letter.........

Christmas here was amazing! it was a blast and very spiritual! Niel L. Anderson of the 12 talked to us Tuesday night, then Christmas Eve we had a musical fireside with lots of people performing. That is where we sang. It was good. Then Christmas morning L. Tom Perry came and spoke! It was very good. Him and his family came and ate lunch with us in the cafeteria, but he had a couple security guys around him that wouldn't let anybody walk up to him. We had sack dinner in our residence hall again, just like Thanksgiving. Then we had a devotional Chirstmas night by Greg Olsen where he showed some of his paintings and talked about painting them. It wasn't the First Presidency, But it was still good haha. We did a white elephant gift exchange as a district and that was a lot of fun. I ended up with and eye glasses repair kit haha. So i guess i can take that with me haha. Christmas morning Santa had come and left presents outside everybody's dorm door. I just got more candy haha. I don't know if i'll ever be able to eat all the food i have lol. Tell dad is bread is amazing, everybody loves, or loved, it.

I'm so glad i got to be in the MTC this Christmas. It made me think about how i looked at Christmas and see how i always went about it the wrong way. We need to have fun and give gifts, but Christmas has nothing to do with that. It is all about Christ and what he has done for us. Christmas is also a time to be with family. I wish i could have been with you guys. Not there at home, but so you guys could have been here and felt the Spirit i felt. I'll cherish it forever. It changed how i'll think of Christmas forever. Christmas time is really an amazing time of year. Our teachers have said they start celebrating Christmas in like September in the Philippines. They love Christmas! So that will be cool to have a Christmas there.

...........................Thank you everybody for the letters you send. They make my day. I try to write back as often as i can. I know this church is true and the Book of Mormon is true. I'm so thankful for the amazing experiences i have already had on my mission. I can't wait to get to the Philippines and spread the gospel. I love you all and God be with you till we meet again!

Elder Brough Mahal ko tayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment