Monday, December 7, 2009

This weeks Email

Cody's email today was very welcomed! Of course, it seems like forever in between times we hear from him, even if a snail mail letter comes during the week. I am adding just a few things from his email that might be interesting to some.

" I'll be sending home a few things when i leave, like my silk ties. They say silk ties melt and stretch and get ruined there. So i'll send all i have home. i did trade some to kevin for polyester ties he had so i only have a couple to send home. They say polyester ties are the best there......(Kevin is his cousin that went into the MTC the same day)
My companion, Elder Whipple, is going to Olongapo also, as is one of the sisters. The rest in our district are going to other missions in the Philippines. Our teachers are Brother Chou and Sister Fotu. They are both really cool and really good teachers. Brother Chou went to Olongapo too. The ring does fit really good. Now I almost feel naked when i don't have it on haha........ (He got a CTR ring for his birthday from his "friend" :) and he had to get a different size and it came in the day after he entered the MTC, so I sent it to him)
As of about last Tuesday or Wednesday i had gained about 5 pounds so me and another elder desided to start passing on desert at lunch haha. (HAHAHA notice he only said after lunch) Bro Chou told us that he gained weight in the Philippines because of all the rice and all the carbs they have. He said you eat rice for every meal, and the only thing that changes is what you put on your rice.
I did finally see Jessica in the cafeteria once this week. She said she sees kevin all the time. (Jessica is his cousin that works in the Cafeteria at the MTC)
In 2 weeks we have to teach lesson 1 in tagalog. So that will be interesting haha. But like i said, all is going well here. I've meet a few people that know people from the valley and a few from places around the valley, like one person from bear lake. So thats been cool. The days go by so slow, yet the weeks go by so fast. It feels like i just got here. Its pretty crazy. But all is well and i'll try to write some of you individually later while i'm doing laundry. Have fun and God be with you till we meet again. I love you all."

No comments:

Post a Comment