Monday, December 21, 2009

kumusta ang pamilya ko!

kumusta ang pamilya ko!

Life is good here at the MTC. Still just plugging away at the language and that. We are starting to teach in Tagalog this week so that could be interesting haha. We are officially at the half way point of our stay here. Because of that i got released as district leader and they called a new one. its a little wierd cuz i don't know how i'm supposed to act haha just kidding....................................


....We went to the Referral Center again this week, and once again i love going there. I think its because its the only time here we can talk to actual investigators. Everytime we go I am able to really talk to someone about the gospel. Last time i called a lady that had ordered a book of mormon. I asked if i could send the missionaries over and we got started talking and she said she couldn't because she was going through hard times and trying to move. She sounded very sincere, i know she was telling the truth. So we talked about trials for a while and a quoted her a scripture or 2 from the book of mormon that talk about how trials are for our good. I told her if she needed help moving to look up the local missionaries. She told me when she got moved dhe would call back and visit with the missionaries. We talked for about 15 minutes. I just loving the RC!

Lets see, the singing thing me and my companion signed up for is a 32 person Men's Chorus that is singing 2 pieces at the Christmas Eve Devotional here. So we are gaurenteed a spot close to the front, and it is rumored the First Presidency is coming! That would just be completely AWESOME! I'm glad i get to be here for Christmas. When Elder Holland talked to us at Thanksgiving he said that the best Christmases ever were when they had missionaries in the field. So don't be sad i'm not there, be glad i'm here serving the Lord. And these will be the best holidays ever. I'm glad i get to be here serving the Lord for 2 Christmases. It doesn't feel like Christmas though because i'm not surrounded by all the commercialization of it. And because there isn't much snow here. Most of the snow has been melting away this week. So it will be my first non-white Christmas haha.

This Christmas season i want everybody to think about the real reason for Christmas, the Saviors birth. Because of his birth he was able to perform the atonement for us all, and if wasn't for the Atonement, nobody could enter the Celestial Kingdom and be with our Father in Heaven. His birth symbolizes the Fathers gift to us, and the gift of the Atonement. I know this church is true. I know that families can be together forever, and i am very glad for that.

Mahal ko kayo. Maligayang Pasko! Love Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment