Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kumusta

Well hello again family! It sounds like life is still going good there for you all. The work still is amazing here. Thanks for your prayers for our investigators here. It was awesome because Brother Bernie Florez came to church yesterday! So thank you for your prayers. Me and my companion went to pick him up and go with him to church, and when we got there he was standing out in the road waiting for us. That is the first time I've seen that. Usually we have to go roust them out of their house or we find they've made themselves busy so they can't come. So we were way excited when we saw him so eager to go. He is still trying to stop smoking, so please keep praying for him. He is slowly but surely progressing towards that. He so wants to be ready for baptism on his goal date of July 10. So please just keep praying for him and our other investigators. It is helping so much.
This week was a bit different. My companion, Elder Dalupan, started feeling sick the end of the week. He had a pretty good cold and could hardly talk, so we couldn't really work. So Friday and Saturday we just stayed at the apartment. Saturday morning I was able to go out and work on splits with one of our housemates, but that was all really. Other than that we were just at the house, studying, sleeping, catching up in my journal, and I even cleaned a bit because I was so bored haha. So it was a bit different. It made me feel a bit lazy haha. But he feels better now so all is good.
Well, other than that, life is still the same here. I don't reallyknow what to tell you about life here, because now it is all so normal for me. It is hard to think of life without rice, without it being hot all the time, without using fans all the time, all that haha. My housemates all were telling me that I am completely adjusted to the food and to life here. I love the Philippino people so much. They are so amazing. Sometimes I tell people we talk to that I'm a Phil-Am (half Philippino, half American) as a joke. They just laugh. That is how awesome and friendly everybody is here. And the language is still developing. I'm not having as hard of a time as I was when I first got here, but I still have a ways to go to become fluent. Sorry if my english is bad. It seems as my Tagalog gets better, my English gets worse. haha
Well the church is still doing amazing here. The work is amazing. Since I've been in this area for such a long time, I've been able to see huge changes the gospel makes in the lives of converts, and members too. It is such an amazing opportunity to be here. The church is so true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know our family can be together forever. Keep praying in everthing you do, because there is amazing power in prayers. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough

P.S. - Don't forget to write me some letters once in a while ;) haha joke lang. Pero sirioso, magsulat kayo sa akin. Hinihintay ko po pero wala. Ano ba iyan? Siguro malapit na ninyo ipadala ang mga pagsulat sa akin. Salamat! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment