Monday, June 28, 2010

hello!

Hello my amazing family and friends!! It sounds like life is going good for ya'll still. It is always awesome to hear that. Life was pretty uneventful here this week. Just normal missionary work.

Mom asked about sacrament meeting and church. We usually bless or pass the sacrament, because there aren't always enough Young Men. But our average attendance for church is 120, so that is a pretty good ward here. I've talked twice now in sacrament meeting, once when I first got here and just yesterday. Yesterday it was on the spot. Right when we were getting ready to leave the apartment and go to the church at about 8 am (it starts at 8:30), the bishop texted our housemates the zone leaders (zone leaders, sisters and the assistants to the pres are the only ones with phones) and said something had come up with one of the speakers and they wanted me to talk. So I gave a short talk. It wasn't too bad, but it really was last minute haha. Sometimes we teach the gospel essentials class, but not very often. They have a regular teacher and she just asks us to teach when she is gone and that. The most amazing part of Sunday is seeing our investigators and recent converts at church. It is always so exciting to see them there, accepting the gospel.

Bro. Bernie is still progressing. He didn't come to church yesterday, and we don't know why yet. But we are sure something big had to have come up because he was excited to come to church. He is still trying to stop smoking. He has still been smoking 1 cigarette a day, but we committed him to not smoke at all this next week, so please pray for him that he can do that.

Transfers are comin up in 2 weeks. I won't know till 2 wks from today if I am transfering or not, but I'm pretty sure I will since I have been here for so long, almost 6 months! It is going so fast! I couldn't believe it when you said Jordan and Judd and them are home or getting home. It really truely does go so fast. But I still have a long time left, so I guess I can't really be talking about that yet haha. It will just make me trunky. I hope all continues to go well for you all. Continue reading the Book of Mormon and praying morning and night. I know this church is true. I know our family can be together again. I know that through the Atonement, we can all return to our Heavenly Father. I love you all, and God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment