Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hello

"Declare the word to EVERY creature"

The rain as a result of Typhoon Megi


Sunset in San Felipe

Just can't get that Star Valley Cross Country
out of his veins

Squid, "it was okay"

Helping the Branch President
Fishing


Hello everyone! First off thanks for the birthday wishes. Crazy that it is already my birthday again, the time is going so fast. Now I'm old haha. So Mom can stop worrying (haha jk) we are fine here. We where only affected a little by the typhoon. It hit more to the north of us. But we did have some rain and wind. We were told to stay inside on Tuesday because of the storm. It was only a precaution because of the wind. Up in the north they were really hit, up in the mission you said last week that Michele Hokanson is going to. They really got it good up there. Here we did have a member whose house burned down. They were a little better off and had a nice house, but last Monday night when the storm started it burned down. They all got out okay, but nothing else was saved. We heard about it and went there Tuesday morning. It was pretty crazy. Almost nothing left, even though there was really heavy rain. Some of the streets really filled with water. We had one investigator we went to on Wednesday and the water was up to our knees. I was thinking how nice it would be to have my hip waders. haha. We took some pictures, I will send you one. (See above pics)
That is crazy that Justin is here! Especially because I am actually in Olongapo today! We are going to go into the old Navy base later to a store there. We will be back here again on Wednesday too for a meeting. So tell Justin to look out for any missionaries, and if he sees any to ask if they know an Elder Brough. Chances are that they do. And don't be shy to talk to the Filipinos. They understand English hahaha. That is just crazy to think he is here. Tell him I am in San Felipe, Zambales, about an hour north of Olongapo. (Justin is his cousin that is with the military)
Well the work was still pretty good this week even though we had the storm. We have one family we are teaching, the Angala Family. I think I told you about them last week. They live a long ways from us. We have to bus for about 10 minutes then walk for another 15 or 20 minutes to get to them. But they are so prepared. Yesterday they came to church, and yesterday we also taught them again, for only the second time. They told us that when we met them last week, they had only been there for a couple days. They had just barely moved there from a different providence. So it was coincidence that we went there on that day. They have just been so prepared by the Lord, and I hope I will be here to see them be baptized.
Dad asked a little about our Mission President and his wife. They are really cool. They are Filipinos. President Aquino was a seminary teacher before this. He was really involved in the CHurch Educational System here. He is really spiritual. I love interviews with him. I always learn so much. They are just little people, like all Filipinos haha. Sister Aquino is really cool too. Everytime you have a birthday, they give you a treat. This week she gave me a big home-made oreo. It was really good. I was wanting some of Mom's good home made oreo's and goodies haha. They are really good people. I don't really know what to say about them. But they will be done next July or so. A Mission Presidents term is for 3 years. So I will have a different Mission President for the last part of my mission. It might be an American or another Filipino. We will just see when it happens.
Well not a whole lot else to tell you all about. Hope things continue going good for you all. I love you, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment