
Zone at an Activity

My District with Sister Aquino

FHE with the Vanancio Family

Me with Elder Marfori and Branch Missionary
Hello everybody! Things are still going really good here for us. First of all you don't have to worry about us here Mom. We weren't affected by the earthquake or tsunami at all. The east side of the Philippines had alerts for it, but here on the west side we weren't affected one bit. So i guess we are pretty lucky here. Just keep praying for all the poor people that this has affected. They will really need it. And no Mom, i haven't had any worms. At least not yet haha joke. And i haven't had any fungus or anything. I'm still staying healthy and still gaining weight every once in a while haha.
By the way, the package came this last week. Thanks for all the food and stuff. It will deffinetly keep me gaining the next while haha.
And i actually don't know what those recipes are. But i don't really need them. I'm becoming pretty good at cooking Filipino food. Its hard to cook American food since we don't have ovens.
Thanks Dad for the update on BYU ;). The other American elder in my district is a HUGE BYU fan and his Dad sends him stuff about them. So actually i heard about that stuff. It is amazing because the church has been getting tons of coverage from it. It is a good thing. I've heard that Freddette had an interview a while back, and they said it did more to remove peoples' doubts about the church than the last 10 years of church advertising has. It is crazy how the Lord works, even through basketball players, to spread the work.
They do not have daylight savings here. Every day it is light at about 6AM and dark at 6:30 or 7 PM. It doesn't really change that much, since we are kinda close to the equator here. So it is pretty nice. Still enjoying some nice hot temps here.
This last week was good with the work of the Lord. I think i've told you before about the Atienza Family. They are still progressing are doing good. It is still so crazy to see the changes in them because of the gospel. They were even saying yesterday how much it has changed them for the better. The parents haven't come to church yet, but they have finally truely committed to come this next Sunday. So they are progressing well towards their baptism. I hope i will be here to see it. Transfers are next week, and i really have no idea what will happen to me. I could transfer, or i could stay here. Its completely up in the air. I hope i stay here to see some of the baptisms coming up and stuff like that. It is great because the branch is gradually progressing a little bit finally.
Yesterday we had District Conference here in our district. It was good. No General Authorities or anything came, but it was still good. (Here usually when it is District Conference an Area Authority or member of the 70 will come) Lots of it was focused on preparing for missions and going on missions. In this district there are only 2 people on missions right now. I was a little depressed when i heard that. That is the same as Cottonwood Ward. Every young man needs to prepare for a mission. It will be the best decision you will ever make in your life. And don't think that because your 19th birthday has come and gone that you can't go on a mission. You still can and you should! Prepare now, talk to your Bishop and start the process. I would encourage the sisters to think of a mission too. There is no age limit for sisters. As long as you are not married you can go on a mission. Lots of sisters here go on missions, and it is awesome. I'll tell you right now, sister missionaries are so much better at everything than us elders. They're just good! haha I promise you that you will never regret going on a mission. All you will regret is not going on a mission.
This last week was another fun, fast week. Crazy how time is flying. Time sure flies in the service of the Lord. This church is so true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Just keep reading it everyday and i promise it will bless you. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God as our prophet today, and that what he tells us is coming straight from God. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for us sins so we don't have to let them weigh us down our whole life. Just take our burden to the Lord in prayer and He will take it for us. Through the Atonement we can overcome any challenge or trial. Nothing is too great or too small for the Lord to help us. He loves you so much. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
And i actually don't know what those recipes are. But i don't really need them. I'm becoming pretty good at cooking Filipino food. Its hard to cook American food since we don't have ovens.
Thanks Dad for the update on BYU ;). The other American elder in my district is a HUGE BYU fan and his Dad sends him stuff about them. So actually i heard about that stuff. It is amazing because the church has been getting tons of coverage from it. It is a good thing. I've heard that Freddette had an interview a while back, and they said it did more to remove peoples' doubts about the church than the last 10 years of church advertising has. It is crazy how the Lord works, even through basketball players, to spread the work.
They do not have daylight savings here. Every day it is light at about 6AM and dark at 6:30 or 7 PM. It doesn't really change that much, since we are kinda close to the equator here. So it is pretty nice. Still enjoying some nice hot temps here.
This last week was good with the work of the Lord. I think i've told you before about the Atienza Family. They are still progressing are doing good. It is still so crazy to see the changes in them because of the gospel. They were even saying yesterday how much it has changed them for the better. The parents haven't come to church yet, but they have finally truely committed to come this next Sunday. So they are progressing well towards their baptism. I hope i will be here to see it. Transfers are next week, and i really have no idea what will happen to me. I could transfer, or i could stay here. Its completely up in the air. I hope i stay here to see some of the baptisms coming up and stuff like that. It is great because the branch is gradually progressing a little bit finally.
Yesterday we had District Conference here in our district. It was good. No General Authorities or anything came, but it was still good. (Here usually when it is District Conference an Area Authority or member of the 70 will come) Lots of it was focused on preparing for missions and going on missions. In this district there are only 2 people on missions right now. I was a little depressed when i heard that. That is the same as Cottonwood Ward. Every young man needs to prepare for a mission. It will be the best decision you will ever make in your life. And don't think that because your 19th birthday has come and gone that you can't go on a mission. You still can and you should! Prepare now, talk to your Bishop and start the process. I would encourage the sisters to think of a mission too. There is no age limit for sisters. As long as you are not married you can go on a mission. Lots of sisters here go on missions, and it is awesome. I'll tell you right now, sister missionaries are so much better at everything than us elders. They're just good! haha I promise you that you will never regret going on a mission. All you will regret is not going on a mission.
This last week was another fun, fast week. Crazy how time is flying. Time sure flies in the service of the Lord. This church is so true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Just keep reading it everyday and i promise it will bless you. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God as our prophet today, and that what he tells us is coming straight from God. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for us sins so we don't have to let them weigh us down our whole life. Just take our burden to the Lord in prayer and He will take it for us. Through the Atonement we can overcome any challenge or trial. Nothing is too great or too small for the Lord to help us. He loves you so much. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
No comments:
Post a Comment