
A jeepney parked in the middle of nowhere

Me and a couple of Branch Missionaries

Me and Elder Marfori modeling our new belts

FHE
Hello everybody!! Sounds like things are still going good for you all, even if you are all in the snow. I'll keep enjoying the sun for you ;) haha joke.
Things this last week were as good as always for us here. Last Monday night we had a Family Home Evening at the house of a less-active family we have been reactivating. It was a lot of fun. Tonight we have another FHE at another member's. I love FHE! IT is such a blast. We had a couple splits this last week. But we have splits every week with our district leader. We also had splits with our zone leader Saturday. Our zone leader here is Elder Whipple. I don't know if you remember, but he was my companion in the MTC. So it is cool we've got to see each other a lot here in the mission.
There is one cool thing about this area that i don't think i told you about. Around here is like the Camelbak capitol. This is one of the biggest places for making Camelbak bags. There are a couple big factories close to here that do that. It is also cool because you can have people that used to work there make Camelbak quality bags for you for relatively cheap. In fact, there is a couple here that supplies our mission with proselyting bags that are Camelbak. It is funny because i got that Camelbak backpack before and brought it here, and it probably came from here.
There is one cool thing about this area that i don't think i told you about. Around here is like the Camelbak capitol. This is one of the biggest places for making Camelbak bags. There are a couple big factories close to here that do that. It is also cool because you can have people that used to work there make Camelbak quality bags for you for relatively cheap. In fact, there is a couple here that supplies our mission with proselyting bags that are Camelbak. It is funny because i got that Camelbak backpack before and brought it here, and it probably came from here.
Here they also have some really cool belts. They have some caribao belts. They are made from the horns of caribao. Caribao is like a water buffalo they use here for farming. They are pretty cool. Our branch president here also has some sweet belts made from coconut shell. It is pretty cool. Just some random stuff about here that i thought i'd share with you haha.
Mom, to answer your question, i can't think of anything that i really need. You could maybe send some more of those kid CTR rings like you sent before. The little kids here love those. But i don't know if i really need another package haha. I haven't gotten the last package yet, but i expect to get it at a training meeting we have this Friday. So i'm excited for that! haha
Work was good as always this last week. We still have some pretty good investigators here that are preparing for baptism. We have still been focusing a bit on reactivating less-active members this week. It is cool to see the results. There is one family that started coming back a couple weeks ago, the Tumilang Family. It is cool because they have now come to church 4 weeks straight since being less-active, and they have become a strength in the area they live. They have started bringing other less-active members from that area to church with them. Before they started coming back to church, nobody from that area came to church. Now yesterday there were 4 or so families from that area at Sacrament meeting. It was awesome. It was also so cool because yesterday 120 people were at Sacrament Meeting. The average for the last while has been about in the 80's or 90's. So we were so excited to see prayers answered yesterday.
This work in the service of the Lord is so amazing!!! I would not trade being here right now for anything in the world. I know this is the work of God. I know this church is true. I wouldn't still be here in the mission if it wasn't true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I would plead for all of you to read the Book of Mormon everyday, at least 1 chapter. I promise you that God will bless you with the time to do it if you really try. I know it will help a lot in everything that you do, and it will bless you so much. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God to lead us in these latter days. I know that our family will be together forever if we all do our part to make it happen. God loves you all so much. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
Mom, to answer your question, i can't think of anything that i really need. You could maybe send some more of those kid CTR rings like you sent before. The little kids here love those. But i don't know if i really need another package haha. I haven't gotten the last package yet, but i expect to get it at a training meeting we have this Friday. So i'm excited for that! haha
Work was good as always this last week. We still have some pretty good investigators here that are preparing for baptism. We have still been focusing a bit on reactivating less-active members this week. It is cool to see the results. There is one family that started coming back a couple weeks ago, the Tumilang Family. It is cool because they have now come to church 4 weeks straight since being less-active, and they have become a strength in the area they live. They have started bringing other less-active members from that area to church with them. Before they started coming back to church, nobody from that area came to church. Now yesterday there were 4 or so families from that area at Sacrament meeting. It was awesome. It was also so cool because yesterday 120 people were at Sacrament Meeting. The average for the last while has been about in the 80's or 90's. So we were so excited to see prayers answered yesterday.
This work in the service of the Lord is so amazing!!! I would not trade being here right now for anything in the world. I know this is the work of God. I know this church is true. I wouldn't still be here in the mission if it wasn't true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I would plead for all of you to read the Book of Mormon everyday, at least 1 chapter. I promise you that God will bless you with the time to do it if you really try. I know it will help a lot in everything that you do, and it will bless you so much. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God to lead us in these latter days. I know that our family will be together forever if we all do our part to make it happen. God loves you all so much. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
No comments:
Post a Comment