We have had so much happen in our family since Cody got his mission call. I know that we have been truly blessed because of the decision that he has made, as well as all of you! The missionary blessings are many whether they be a dead truck, newborn babies that have beat the odds, water coming from the walls on Christmas day, a healed ankle, the gift of tongues, minor health problems not major ones, the list could go on and on. We truly have seen miracles and have been blessed as a family, and I look forward to the next 2 yrs. for these same kind of blessings.
I am however, starting to get a little nervous about Cody leaving for the Philippines. The things I hear about down there make me ALOT nervous. I have decided that I can't think about him eating dog, dog eyeballs, rice for breakfast, lunch and supper, and all of the other stuff I've heard. They say the only difference is what they put on it. I can't think about him possibly not having running water and or electricty. And that he will have to wash his clothes in a bucket in cold water. And that everything has to be protected because of the moisture and that the missionaries write home and ask for body spray because of their stentch from the heat. I have to have faith that he will be ok and not get worms and parasites. :) I have to remember that the people are humble and awesome and love our American boys and would give them the shirt off their backs. That they are ready for the Gospel and that my son can be the one to bring them something so life changing. I have to remember that maybe we should live a little more humbly and not be so shelfish in our wants and needs. That a little goes a long way in what really is important in this life. I am BLESSED!
I am going to try really hard to put my faith to work and not worry, right you say? Well like I said I'm going to try hard, doesn't mean I won't slip now and then. :)
Thanks everyone for all of the letters, packages, prayers, goodies that have been sent to Cody so far. I know that it means alot to him and it means alot to me to have so much support for him while he is serving the Lord. I truly know that this Gospel is true and that this is what it's all about. I can't even think about what it would be like without it. We have been truly blessed to have been born in this Church and now to see more people come into the Church because of Cody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
holly cow. im like holding back tears. im glad to know that somebody has the same worries and thought that i do! i know thtat its not going to be easy for him or us but in the end everything will be ok!!! :)
ReplyDelete