
Cody has been in the Philippines for almost one month. We got a letter and a couple of pictures from his Mission President telling us that Cody had arrived safely and that he had been assigned to his first area. HAHAHA I'm SO THANKFUL that I didn't have to wonder this whole time. While I am grateful to his Mission President for sending this, I am still glad I knew before now. :)
One thing I do want to pass along that is in the letter is about the church's pouch service that they offer. I was not aware of this and just want to make sure that none of us are doing any of the offenses that are listed.
....."The missionary department has concerns that the pouch mail may be taken away from the church. Please read carefully and abide by the pouch rules. Every letter being pouched is being opened by the church before it arrives here in the mission. This has become necessary due to so many people not following the guidelines of the mail "pouch" that the mail service has graciously let us use to cut down prices to those who patron this service. Please take the time to read and adhere to the "pouch" guidelines to the fullest. We do not want to lose this blessing that the "pouch" brings to thousands of missionaries. 'Concernes have arisen because of violations to the service agreements governing us of the pouch to communicate with missionaries. For example, items sent through the pouch must be limited to letters, greeting cards, documents, copies of photographs on plain paper, and International Reply Coupons. Restricted items that cannot be sent in the pouch include such things as cash, traveler's checks, credit or debit cards, phone cards, gift cards, food products, prescription or non-prescription drugs, clothing, merchandise of any kind, photographs, and postage stamps. In some areas violations are sufficiently severe that the Church faces the possiblility of fines, discontinuance of pouch service, or visa problems.' We appreciate your help and understanding in all aspects of this information. Thank you."
(Don't know if this goes out with all letters or not, but I thought it was interesting and the pouch service is a wonderful service and it would be too bad if it was discountinued)
Also Pres. Aquino said...
"We urge you to write your son each week. Please include encouraging news of family events and achievements, spiritual experiences and other matters which will bring joy and deeper commitment. Family problems or other matters which he does not need to know can only bring worry or concern.
......Be aware that packages sent containing foodstuffs will be attacked by rodents during shipping. Pack accordingly."
UGH Where have I sent my son! LOL
So there you have it, just in case you were wondering HE HAS MADE IT THERE! :)
Thanks for all of the love and support you all offer to us and to Elder Brough!
No comments:
Post a Comment