Monday, April 19, 2010

3rd Transfer Na!

Kumusta Kayo!? Everything is still amazing here in the Philippines. Transfers are tomorrow, and my companion is transferring. I'm still here in this area for at least one more transfer. One of our housemates is transferring too, so we'll have some big changes. I don't know who my new companion is yet. They don't tell us before hand. We just find out when they get here haha. So I'll let you know about him in next week's email. I can't believe its already the end of my 2nd transfer here! I've been here for so long, and it is going by so fast!

So our baptism went well. It was a big joint baptism because our house mates had 3 investigators get baptized too, and there was an 8 year old girl that was baptized too. So it was pretty exciting. I baptized our investigator because i'm the biggest and strongest here (i know JR is laughing when i say that, but here it is true haha), and our investigator, Sis Marzan, can barely walk. She uses a walker to walk. Me and another elder had to help her, almost carry her, into the font. Then he stood behind her during the baptism to support her back. It was a different experience for my first baptism. It was really awesome though. We have a family of 4 that will be baptized in 2 weeks, the end of April/beginning May. So we're excited for that. My companion wishes he could be here for that. They are a really good family, good investigators.

"The sister in the middle with the walker is Sister Ailand Marzan, our investigator. She is turning 55 this year, but she seems so much older. She had a stroke a while back that affected her pretty good. It is hard for her to remember stuff. But she has taught me so much. I will never forget her. That is for sure."

The package got here fine. Thanks again for the stuff. The chocolate made it fine. So i think you are fine sending me chocolate. One of my housemates had a bunch of chocolate sent by his family in Canada, and it made it fine to. So i think you are fine. Plus we put it in the ref as soon as it gets here.

Having some fun with the Easter toys they were sent!

I do remember Brother Thorpe. He was a really cool guy. He was what is called a Teaching Evaluation teacher, so i was only around him a little bit. But i still got to know him a bit. Thats pretty cool though. (This was the MTC teacher that his cousin Kirsten meet in Provo)

I will call on Mother's Day. I don't really know much about it. But it sounds like we call from a members house here. They said that sometimes us foriegners call then have you call us back using calling cards so it doesn't cost everybody a bunch. But could i use the 800 number? I don't know how that works for sure. If so tell me that number again. I think i have it, but to make sure could you email it to me next week? I'm not sure when it will happen either. Because we have church Sunday morning, and that is Saturday night over there. But i'll try to find out and let you know next week.

Well everything is still going great. Lots of great experiences. I'm learning so much about the gospel, and about myself. Sometimes i feel i am learning more than the investigators are. I know that this church is true. And i know that families can be together forever. Something that has stuck out to me now is the "can" in can be together forever. They are forever only if we all live worthy of it. We are only together forever if we do our part. I have to do my part. Because families are only together forever in the Celestial Kingdom, so i have to make it there. I know that we can all do this. God has given us help. We can do it. I love you all so much. I am thankful for this opportunity to serve. It is so amazing. I hope all continues well for you all. God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment