Kumusta kayo? Life is still going good here in the Philippines. I'm still here in the same area. I think i'll probably be transfered to a new area next transfer, but we don't know until the day before transfers. But usually you aren't in an area more than 3 transfers, and this is my third. So we'll see. But I have a new companion. He is Elder Dalupan. He is a Philippino too. There are quite a bit of us foriegn missionaries here, but they usually put us with native missionaries. We get along good, so life is still good. He kinda small, only about 5 feet tall. So that is kind of funny when we are proselyting haha.
We have a baptism scheduled for this coming Sunday of 4 family members. So that is way exciting. They are an amazing family, the Gutierrez Family. The baptism is the father and 3 children. And another is still thinking about baptism, but the mother doesn't really want anything to do with our message. So we are praying that her heart will be softened. The family wants so bad to go to the temple and be sealed. But the mother needs to accept the gospel too. It makes me glad for the amazing family that i was born into. All the love and support, and the Gospel.
Speaking of mothers, Mother's Day is in 2 weeks! But we've gotten some new information about that. They have elections here that weekend and then zone conference that week, so we will call on Monday May 17. Probably Monday morning, which is Sunday night over there (I think haha). And we can buy a 45 minute international calling card here for only 100 pesos, which is about $2. So that will probably be the best. And we call from members houses. So i'm excited for that! I'll let you know a more specific time as it gets closer and we know.
Next week i'll send you some pictures of my new companion and stuff. The work is still amazing here. The church in the philippines is really growing. It is 3 or 4 in the world for number of members, behind America and Brazil. So it is amazing to be here.
I the love the work here. It is amazing. I love you all, and i know this church is true. Take care, and God be with you till we meet again. Elder Brough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment