Monday, April 12, 2010

His Amazing Week!

I've decided that I would never have made a good Missionary Mom back in the days before computers. It would have been pure torture waiting for a snail mail letter. :) I finally gave up and went to bed a little after midnight last night since I was just sitting here waiting for my email and it just wasn't coming. So what do you know this morning there is one and he sent it at 12:27 AM (our time, not his) UGH I just barely missed him. Oh well, it was worth the wait just because he sounds so good and had an awesome week.

Hey everybody! how is life in cold old Wyoming haha joke lang. This week was probably the most crazy, busy, awesome week of my mission! It was amazing!! We had some investigators really progress, we found some new investigators that are really good, everything is good for Sis. Marsan's baptism this weekend, and then it ended with an amazing conference. I had a lot of amazing experiences this week.

I guess first off i need to thank you for the packages. They made it here this week. I am definetly not going to be losing weight ;) haha. Thanks for that stuff. Especially the toys. My house mates loved them haha.

Like i said, we had some amazing experiences this week. I can't do them justice here telling you about them. One of our investigators had a big change of heart. It is Bro Bernie Florez, the investigator that had a big problem with the word of wisdom, but was giving it up. It finally came out that he was only following it because he didn't have money. And he wouldn't come to church and other stuff, so me and my companion got ready to drop him. We taught him a frank lesson, telling him he needed to follow commitments. The main commitment he hadn't followed from day one was to pray about if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He would not do that, and had a big concern with that. So we told him he needed to pray about it. A couple days later we went back for our return appointment, and as soon as i saw him i could tell something was different. He told us he read, and that he had finally prayed!!! We were so excited. He was so much humbler, and the spirit was so strong. He told us he wanted to come to church every week to commune with God!! It was so amazing that just because he finally prayed about Joseph Smith, his heart was changed and softened. It was amazing. I have a feeling he is the main reason i am here in this area. I connect pretty well with him, and he is a pretty cool guy. its amazing. And then sunday, he came to General Conference! He was feeling sick, but he still came. We were so excited. We are excited for his future.

So conference was awesome. We had a brown out saturday morning, so we missed most of the priesthood session and part of the morning session. But it was an amazing experience, my first conference on my mission. And i only get 3 more. I learned so much at conference. It made me regret the times i would fall asleep during conference back home. My companion was amazed when i told him i would just roll out of bed and turn on the tv to watch conference. Here you go to the nearest stake center to watch the broadcast. it was about 45 minutes away from us by jeepney.

So transfers are next Tuesday. We think that i will be staying and my companion will transfer, but we won't know till next Monday. So we'll see. We had one day this week that they said it was 40 degrees celcius, which is about 104 Farienhet. It is the hottest day we have had. It was pretty hot. It hasn't rained for a while now. It doesn't much now since it is the dry season.

That is awesome that Kirsten met one of my teachers from the MTC! It was probably Bro. Chou. He is awesome. He served here in Olongapo too. He is a cool guy.
(I didn't know the teachers name when I sent him his email, so he might be surprised that it wasn't Bro. Chou)

Well i wish i could better explain my experiences here. We are excited for our baptism this weekend. This sister has been waiting quite a while to be baptized. She is amazing. I have learned so much from her. I hope all continues well for you all. Continue in faith and remember that both me and God love you so much. God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment