I can't help but think today about the email we received from Cody today. In fact I tear up every time I have thought about it. I am so wealthy! Not in a monetary way, or necessarily in a material way. YES I have too much stuff, and that is all it is is stuff! But I am so wealthy - but proud and unappreciative of what I do have. I take it for granted and I needed to think about this I guess. We live in a 5 bedroom home, have 3 bathrooms, (and are currently in the process of adding on to our home) we have running water, have food in our fridge, have food in our pantry, have food storage, have shoes, clothes, and everything else we need and want.
I have cars, they have umbrellas and feet; I have food in my cupboards, they have a market to get rice daily (if they have made enough at work that day); I have a washer and dryer, they have a bucket, rock and sunshine; I have windows, they have holes in their cement homes. I have a home, they have a bamboo hut; I'm sure I could go on and on.
I marvel at the humility and kindness that these wonderful Filipino people are sharing with my son. I am so thankful that he is getting to experience first hand what real life is all about. For I truly believe that living in humble circumstances in humility is what it is all about. Don't get me wrong because I would not want to have to live this way because I am so spoiled! I want to be able to wash my clothes while I do other things, go to the cupboard and DECIDE what sounds good for supper, I want to.........
But I need to be humbled and not take it for granted anymore. Thank you Heavenly Father for the abundance that I have, for the wealth that I enjoy! Thank you for letting my son experience the true love of these people who would give him the simple worn out shirt off their back if he needed it, and thru him I can experience it a little tiny bit too. Thank you for the reminder I needed to be more humble and appreciative of what I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment