Sunday, September 19, 2010

'Musta ulit!

Hello everybody! Sounds like life is going pretty good for you all. Life is still good here. Time is still going by so fast. This last week was a really good week.

We got some good new investigators and a lot of investigators with a baptism date. We have been focusing alot on part member families. This week we got a referral from the branch of 6 kids of members. Their parents are less active, so the kids never got baptized. So we visited them, and they are so good! We set a baptism date for them. And they even came to church yesterday. So it is all really exciting. We have a baptism coming up on October 4. It is Brother Edwin. He is 12, and his parents are members but don't really want much to do with the church any more. But they said Bro. Edwin can be baptized if he wants. He is really good. Be fore we even started teaching him he came to church like 3 times. Because his friends that are members invited him to come to church. So after we saw him at church a few times and found out he isn't a member, we started teaching him. He even goes to Seminary every night at one of the members houses. He is really a golden investigator.

Life here on the mission is amazing. It is amazing to see how the Lord has prepared people and how He changes people's lives. It is just awesome. I am learning so much too. I want to encourage you, Mom and Dad, and all you sisters and brother-in-laws of mine, and anybody else, to think about serving as a missionary couple. You still have a chance to feel these things and experience this too. Start planning now to serve the Lord as a couple. We love the couple missionaries here. They do so much to help us. I just want you all to think about doing that for the Lord. The Lord needs a lot more missionary couples. Mom and Dad, you could start looking at this now. You could start planning now so that when Dad retires you could be ready to go. I promise you that you will never regret it. You sisters of mine, start planning and saving now so one day you all can experience this too. (And don't worry, couple missionaries aren't held to all the strict rules like we are. For some reason they can be trusted more haha)

I love you all so much. You all are amazing. I know this church is true. I know we are here in this life to gain experiences. Life is hard at times, but it always gets better. I know there is such power in the Book of Mormon. We just finished reading it for the 3rd time as a mission. Each time now I have learned so much. No matter how many times you read it, you will always learn something new. I love you all, and God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment