
Cody on trail coming from investigators house

"Me! haha"
Our investigator lives in the mountain there up on the
right hand side of the picture above."

coming from our investigator in the mountain.
That is not a river or creek, that is the trail filled with
rain runoff haha. Ya, we got wet, haha"
Hello family!!! Glad things seem to be going good for all you there. Keep up the good work ;) Life is still really good here. This week it really rained again. Yesterday and today are the only days for a while that it hasn't rained. Whe it is really raining and the water is running down the streets we wear pipe boots. Yet, even here in the Philippines I can't get away from pipe boots haha. We had one time we went to our investigator that lives out in the mountains and after we got there it started raining. When we left the trail was like a river haha. It was deep enough to go over my companions pipe boots......
Now that it is September the people here are starting to get ready for Christmas. Yes, Christmas. One member has a Christmas tree up, and I have even heard Christmas music. So the Filippinos really love Christmas. It is cool. Time is going fast. Before we know it it will be Christmas.
Life is so amazing here. I love the culture here. I fit right in. I love it so much. The Filippino people are so awesome. Last Monday we were in Olongapo to get our support funds, and we went to Royal, a big store inside the old Navy base. It was really weird because it was like being in a Walmart or something again. I haven't been in something like that for I don't know how long. Even some of the prices were in dollar and not peso. It was really weird. I didn't know what to do haha. I felt lost. haha. Things are still good with this area, San Felipe. Lots of really good experiences.
Our investigators are doing pretty good. We do have one investigator that is hard. I told you about him before. Brother JR. He is only about 10 or 11. But it is really hard for him to understand and remember things. He can't remember how to pray. But the big problem there is he won't answer our questions or really even talk. Not to us, not to his dad and step mom. We ask him a question, or we ask him to pray, and he doesn't do anything, just sits there. We really don't know what to do to help him. I really want to help him. I see a bit of myself in him, because I was a bit like that too before, quiet and shy. So I really want to help him. So I'm asking the help of you sisters and mom of mine. What can we do to help him? You that studied the child/preschool type stuff in college, what can we do? What do you suggest. Because I really don't know what to do. I felt like I should ask you guys.
Thank you all so much for everything you do for me. I love this opportunity to be able to serve the Lord. It is such an amazing experience. I am learning so much. I know that this church is true. I have found there really is such power in the Book of Mormon. It really does help us overcome our trials. I wish I had tried that before my mission. I never really thought that about the Book of Mormon before. I knew it was powerful because everybody said it was, but I never really tried it. I would ask all of you to just start reading the Book of Mormon. Just read a couple chapters every day, and you will be finished before you know it. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know President Monson is a prophet of God. I know I am supposed to be here in the Philippines and in this area right now. I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough




No comments:
Post a Comment