Hello family!! Things are still good here in the Philippines. Just trying to work hard and keep busy. So far it has been a pretty dry rainy season. It only rains once in a while, usually only about twice a week. So we have been staying dry. We only get wet once in a while. We are still chugging away here.
Our baptism for next week fell through. At his interview, the Zone Leader told us we need to try to reactivate the kids parents first. The kid's parents are members, but have been inactive for a while now. We've tried talking to them but they said they aren't going to return to the church. It is also hard because his mom isn't really all there, if you know what I mean. So now we are focusing on the parents. We were told that if the parents come to church again we can baptize him. But if we do all we can and they still won't come back, but the support of the Branch is good, we can still baptize him the end of October. This kid is really good. He is 12, and started coming to church because his friends invited him. He came to church twice before we found out he wasn't a member and started teaching him. He also goes to seminary everyday. So please just pray for him and his parents. It is kind of sad because next Tuesday is transfer day, and I don't think I will be staying here. Because next transfer is my companion's last transfer, and usually we don't stay with one companion for more than 2 transfers. And I just feel like I will be transferring. But we will know for sure next Monday. I hope some that I stay here because we have 13 people so far that have a date to be baptized next transfer! So it should be pretty good harvesting of souls here next transfer.
We did have one disappointment this week. It is with Sister Ofelia Dumulot. I'm sure I told you about her in some of my other emails. She was supposed to be baptized over a month ago, but at her baptismal interview we found out her and her husband aren't yet married. So it had to wait till they get married. But while she was filling out the papers and stuff, she had to go to church at a Methodist Church to get the baptismal records of her children. The first week they wouldn't give it to her, so she went back a second week. And they gave her a job there, kind of like a calling. And now she is treasurer there. For the last couple weeks we have been encouraging her to come back to church, doing everything we could think of. But she was shy to leave them. But she always said that this is the true church, not the Methodist, and she still wants to be baptized. But this week we went back to her and she told us that she is going to stay at the Methodist for now, and wait for another chance to join the church. It is hard because she was so close, then got tempted. And she wasn't able to withstand the trial. We have gotten really close to her, so it was sad to hear it. But we need to respect her request. It made me learn more about our agency. God gives us all the chances to do what is right. But we have to decide for ourselves. When we have trials that hinder us from doing something, it is not because God doesn't want us to do that. It is because Satan doesn't want us to do that. God gives us our agency, and if we want to choose the wrong, he won't stop us because that would be taking away our agency. But he will encourage us to do the right, whether it is through missionaries, church leaders, family or friends. It is so important that we have agency. It is also ok to be wrong sometimes. That is how we gain experience and come to appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If we were perfect, we could never feel the amazing healing power of the Atonement. I know there is such amazing power in the Atonement. I have felt it so much in my life. I know that we can all be togther forever as a family, and I am excited for that. We just need to use our agency and make sure there aren't any "empty chairs." I love you all so much. I know this church is true. I love you and God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment