Monday, March 29, 2010

Kumusta!

Hello everyone!

Life is still amazing here in the Philippines. Everything is still going awesome.

So first off, to answer Mom, yes, i felt the earthquake here. It was at about 1, and and our lunch is from noon to 2. Everybody here takes naps then, so it is no use doing any work then. So we study and take naps too. So i was asleep and my bed swaying woke me up. I saw my companion's fan was swaying too. Then after about 30 seconds it stopped. So i went back to sleep haha. Only 2 of the 4 of us in my apartment felt it. The people here said it was about a 3 here. The epicenter was in Manila and it was a 6 there. But everything is still awesome here. No big damage anywhere that i've heard of. So work as normal. Just remember the safest place you can be is on your mission. So you never have to worry about me.
That's easy for him to say, like I told him I know Heavenly Father watches over his missionaries and mom's worry anyway. And I called it, he played it down. :)

I also commented about the little kids in his last pictures and asked him about being able to attend the Temple, both the missionaries and the members.
The kids here are awesome. I love talking to them. Partly because they are easier to understand haha. But it is hard to go to the temple. Most wards here have a temple trip once a year. It is a 2 or 3 day event. the Manila Temple is the only one here in the Philippines so far. But another one is being built in Davao, in the south, and will be dedicated in June, i think. So that is exciting. We are deffinetly so blessed to have temples so close over there. It is a huge event to go to the temple here. We don't get to go to the temple since it is out of our mission. So that is a bit of a bummer.

For Conference, we have a broadcast here the week after, on the 10th and 11th. So we get to watch it then. So that will be exciting. I'm pretty excited for General Conference.

Easter isn't really huge over here. It is mostly Holy Week. There has been events going on already for Holy Week. It officially starts April 1. So that will be exciting and different to experience.

Mom, don't worry about me. I'm good here. I don't need anything. The Church makes sure we have clean water. They provide us all with these filter water bottles to use. So we have safe water everywhere. Everything else is amazing too. Because its amazing to be a missionary.

To answer Dad, I'm pretty sure i get everybody's emails. I get one from Mom and Dad everyweek, and others once in a while. So if somebody else is emailing me, then i'm not getting them haha. I've decided the mail here isn't totally reliable here. Sometimes mail gets here quick and sometimes it is slow. So i don't know if i am getting everybody's letters. We have 3 couple missionaries here in the Olongapo Mission, and every Wednesday the ones over Bataan would bring us our mail and a treat. But the are heading home today, so i'm not sure what will happen. I'm not sure if a new senior couple is coming or not. But i'll still get my mail. The couple was Elder and Sister Jones, from Arizona, Gilbert Arizona i think. They were some awesome people. I deffinetly want to serve a mission as a couple one day. That would be such an amazing experience. I would challenge any couples that are thinking of doing that to start preparing now and do it. Couple and Senior Missionaries are so awesome. They are our life lines here haha just kidding.

Well the work is still progressing here. We have an investigator with a Baptismal goal date the middle of April. So that is exciting. And then we have a family we are teaching, the Gutierez Family (i think i sent a picture of them last week). They are so awesome, and 5 people there want to get baptized! So we should have some more baptisms the end of April or beginning of May. It is so amazing here. The people of the Philippines are so prepared and humble. It is rare to go a transfer without a baptism here. My housemates told me that it isn't uncommon to get 50 baptisms.

The work is so exciting here.Well, its time for me to go. Life is amazing. Oh ya, i had balut again ;). I'll send some pictures next week. This church is so true!!! I love you all so much, and God be with you till we meet again. Elder Brough

Don't ya just love how he slipped in, oh I had balut again. HaHa I just don't understand why anyone would eat it a first time let alone a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment