Monday, March 15, 2010

Lunes Ulit!


Kumusta po kayo ang pamilya ko!? Ang buhay ko dito ay maganda! Siempre! How is my family in cold old Wyoming? All is amazing here still. Just working, and working some more. It is an amazing work. Speaking of Wyoming, a quick little story for you. So one of the sisters in my zone is from Centerville Utah. Come to find out, she knows somebody from Star Valley, Lonny Hokanson haha. So even here in the Philippines, half way across the world, i still meet people that have connections to Star Valley haha.

That is exciting to hear about Tyson (he is refering to his buddy, Tyson Bagley, he grew up with that just got his mission call to the Dominican Republic). Tell him congrats for me. I didn't know Jake Hunter (Cody's cousin) was getting married. Tell him congrats too. Sounds like lots of fun stuff is happening there. Mom, the peso to dollar exchange is about 47 pesos to 1 dollar. So its a big difference. And we do have some pictures of the balot eating. My housemates took some haha. I'll send them to you one day. (I'm thinking it's probably a good thing that I don't have to see these pictures now) My housemates have a question for you. Can you send us the recipe for the syrup that i love so much, the caramel-like one? They had it once here at the mission home, and they want to know how to make it so we can try. Also, you said last time you were starting to get a package ready or something. I thought of some stuff you could send when you do. The gatorade was awesome, could you send me some propel packets? Also, some mouthwash and shaving cream. We haven't been able to really find any here. So when you send a package, please send that stuff. Thank you soooooo much!

But like i said, life is still going good. The language is still hard at times, but it is very slowly coming. I guess i just got to keep working away at it. I found i have two attributes that help me with it. I'm hard headed and stubborn, and won't quit, and i am never satisfied. So hopefully i can change this habits i aquired in my running, and make them help me become a better missionary and better at the language. I don't know what to tell you about life here. It is still really hot, but it did finally rain one day this week. My companion was telling me that is is basicly only a couple seasons here: March, April, May is the dry season; June, July, August is the rainy season; and he said everything else is just cold. I think by cold he means about 80 degrees haha just kidding. But ya.

Not really a lot of amazing experiences to tell you about this week. I mean, we have experiences, but i don't know what to tell you. We have one amazing family that we are teaching. They were a referral to us from some sister missionaries. They are amazing. They are so prepared. We teach them every Thursday by candle light because they don't have electricity. They are so humble. We have another investigator, Bernie. He is an old man, about 78, and reminds me of the old timers back home. It is awesome. But he has had a problem with praying if Joseph Smith is true. But he is progressing so much. We have had some amazing lessons there. He also has a problem with the word of wisdom. Lots of people here do. He drinks about 40 cups of coffee a day and smokes 40 cigarettes, or 4 packs, a day. So this week we taught him about the Word of Wisdom. The lesson was very powerful, and the spirit was so strong. I felt impressed to share about Sam (his brother in laws brother) and his fights with cancer. It kind of got him thinking. It was just a powerful lesson, for him and for me. And he committed to follow the Word of Wisdom. So yesterday, Sunday, we followed up on it. He started cutting back Friday, and Friday he had only 30 cigarettes and no coffee, and Saturday he had 20 cigarettes and 1 cup of coffee. It is hard for him, but he wants to change. It is amazing to see this gospel work in peoples' lives and see how they desire to change. It is amazing to see how it is changing their life, and how it is changing mine. This is a very powerful work. I'm so thankful that i have the opportunity to be here. I'm thankful for you all and all the help you gave me to help me be here in my life.

I'm so thankful that our family, that all families, can be together forever. But we can't forget that we all have to do our part to get their. I hope we all do. I don't want any of us missing their in the Celestial Kingdom. I have also come to realize something else here, that God's helpers to us here are people we know. I know they are our family and friends that have gone on before us. I'm so excited for the day i get to see Gpa Brough and Natalie again one day, if i live faithful. I know they are here helping us all in everything we do. I love you all so much.

Stay faithful, and God be with you till we meet again.Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment