Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kumusta!!!

Kumusta!....................It was really good to talk to you all earlier. Only 2 more calls haha. It's awesome having a family like you all. I want to tell you about an experience here.

It is about an investigator/recent convert of ours, Sister Ailand Marzan, that was baptized a few weeks ago. She was my first baptism. She is 55 years old, the same age as Dad. But she had a stroke a while back, and it is hard for her to talk and to walk. (And for Abbi Jo, she had a short leg too). It is hard for her to walk because it was never fixed and got worse. But she is an amazing person, and I've learned so much from her. But then there is her family. She has about 8 kids (oldest about 30, youngest about 18), and her husband died a few years ago. She has one daughter in law, or actually live-in of one of her son's, that we are teaching and that usually comes to church with her. This daughter-in-law is the only person that really cares about her. She doesn't usually know where they are at. They just don't care much about her. But everytime Sister Ailand prays in our lessons, she prays for her family. She prays for them to accept the gospel and to do better things. Usually she starts crying in her prayers. We've taught her and talked to her a lot about families and her family. One of the last times there I felt impressed to tell her that sometime, whether this life or the next, her family will accept the gospel because of her and her example. She just started crying. That is her only wish and desire, for her family to accept the gospel. It made me really think about my family, about you guys. I am so lucky to have an amazing family, that is so close, and everybody is with us in the gospel. We have so many amazing experiences and memories together. We all know that we can be together forever. We know the plan of God. Everybody cares so much for everybody else. We have amazing parents that taught us the gospel since we were born. I have amazing sisters who taught me how to treat women. We are all so close. I am so thankful for that. There are so many families that don't have that. We are so lucky. I love you all so much. God be with you till we meet again. Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment