Friday, May 14, 2010

Wake Up Call

As I was laying in bed this morning trying to convince myself to get up and get into the shower the phone rings. As I pick it up and say hello, I hear hello back and then another hello and another and another. Actually we exchanged hello's for a little while, I could hear other people and finally connected it in my little tiny brain that this was a long distance call. A VERY LONG DISTANCE call, I asked, "Cody, is this you, are you there?" Now mind you this all probably happened in the short span of a few seconds, but nonetheless it took forever to make the connection work. Or actually to get him to talk to me since he told me he heard me saying hello everytime and I heard them everytime. Funny boy! He was at a members home and they were trying a phone card to make sure that his "Mother's Day" phone call will work!!!! YEAH! There were lots of giggles in the background and talking so I ask him if I was on speaker phone and yes I was. Oh well, I was thrilled to hear his voice, and what a wonderful sound that strong accent was. He laughed when I told him he spoke very broken english with a very strong accent! He said they all tell him he has an accent, but I think they are really telling him he sounds like a hick from Wyoming speaking Tagalog. :) Can't wait to talk to him on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment