
Mount Samat

The cross at Mount Samat,
Battle of Bataan in WWII

Mount Samat

Mount Samat

Mount Samat
Well, how are all of you? Life is still amazing here in the Philippines. Having great experiences and learning lots. Hopefully I can get this email sent eventually. The power has been going off and on all day. Buhay sa Pilippinas iyan haha. We also went to Mount Samat this morning. That was pretty cool. It is a big cross, I mean BIG. It is where one of the big battles happened here in Bataan in WWII. This is also the site of the Bataan Death March. They walked right where I proselyte everyday. So it is really rich in history here. It is really cool.
Well Transfers are next week. So when I email next week I'll know if I'm staying here or transferring to another area. I actually would kind of like to stay here, but we'll see. Bataan is an amazing place. And Cupang is an amazing ward.
.......Investigators are still progressing. We have 2 with baptismal goal dates, but they didn't come to church this week. So that will be reset. Such is missionary life. You see people progress so much and come so close to grasping the true gospel, then something happens and they don't We have that with one investigator, a member of the Gutierrez Family. 3 of them, the father and 2 daughters, were baptized a few weeks ago. One other son in the family really wanted to be baptized too. But the week before the baptism, he got a job and had to work on sundays. Jobs are hard to get here and they don't have very much. So we worked with him there, but he now has a concern and doesn't even really listen to us when we are there. It is sad to see Satan trying to pull him away from the truth, and see him try to take their family apart. So we are working with them. The three that got baptized are very strong. The daughters want to go on missions. They are an amazing family.
Sorry to hear about Lyndi and them. They have had quite a few trials like that since I left. Just remember the Lord never gives you more than you can handle. It is only so hard because you are so strong. I'm thankful for you guys, and your example to me. Keep strong and keep the faith. I'm so thankful for such an amazing family. All of you are amazing. I love you all so much, and am thankful for your example to me. God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough

No comments:
Post a Comment