Sunday, August 1, 2010

hello!

Kumusta ang pamilya ko! Maganda at masaya naman dito sa Sam Felipe. How are all of you? Life is still really good here in San Felipe. I can't believe it is already August! Time is going by so fast. And it is only getting faster. This week was pretty good again. It is definately the reainy season. It rains a bit most days. But no really big storms or typhoons yet, so that is good. Our investigators are doing good and progressing.
Our investigaters are really good. Brother Leo has stopped drinking completely and even given up coffee this week! We taught him the Word of Wisdom, and as after we taught him that you can't drink coffee we committed him to stop drinking it. His response was "Of course. It is a commandment, so of course I will stop." He is doing so amazing. He came to church again this week too. We have one little girl, about 11, that listens to our lessons at her neighbor's house. Her neighbor is an investigator of ours. The girl has just been listening to us. She has even come to church 2 or 3 times. But we can't baptize anybody under age if their parents aren't members or aren't being baptized too. And this girl's parentd don't want to listen to us, so we haven't been focusing on her. One day after our lesson, she was walking beside us back to her house and asked, "Elders, when Ca I be Baptized?" We didn't know what to say, because sincer her parents don't want to listen to us we can't baptize her. It is kind of sad. She is so amazing and receptive. But she can't accept the true gospel because her parents don't want to. One day when she is older she will get the chance to accept it and be baptized. I guess we just have to help her so she can make it until then.
We are having lots of good experiences here. This area is a good area. Sometimes it is pretty hard, and people really don't want to listen. But we have good moments too. I can't count how many times people have told us "It isn't important" when we try talking to them. They see that we are missionaries and they are just like, "It isn't important." It is a bit funny. Sometimes it makes me chuch to myself. I'm like, Salvation isn't important? haha
Everything is coming good with the language. Even though there are other languages here, everybody still speaks Tagalog too. Most people here in the Philippines know how to speak 2 or 3 languages. It is pretty crazy. I only know 2 haha. My English is definately going down hill too haha. Last week the Missionary Couple here were at our apartment helping us paint. They wanted to just talk and talk, all in English because they don't have to learn Tagalog. It was so hard. All I could manage were short answers like yes and no haha. I kept wanting and trying to speak Tagalog. So I take that as a good sign that my Tagalog is coming along haha. I can still read and write English just fine, it is just hard to speak it. haha
Life is really good here. If you could, I could use some contact solution. That is one thing that I cannot find here. And I'm down to my last bottle of solution. You could also send some granola bars. Maybe a few pop tarts. I've been really wanting that for a little bit now haha. And make sure and send more Propel. Me and my companions love that stuff. haha And send some pics of all of you. It is good to see some once in a while. I hope things continue to go well for all of you there. I know this Church is true. I know it gives us the strength to get through any challenge. I love you all so much. God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough

No comments:

Post a Comment