Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello!!

Hello everybody! Everything is still going good here. So I'm here in my second area now. I'm in San Felipe, Zambales. It is up north of my last area. It is a branch here, the attendence yesterday in church was 94. It sounds like that is the average. My companion is Elder Oliva. He is a Philippino. It is rare for 2 Americans to be companions. We are clser to the sea here. It is warmer here too. But here they have some pine trees. They are way different than the pine trees back home, but they are pine trees haha. This area is a provindencial area. It means it is more country. My last area was really city. There are still a lot of people here, but it is a little nice to get to a bit smaller place. haha. It is only the 2 of us in our apartment. It hasn't been too bad of an adjustment.
......................Like I said, we've been doing good here. The typhoon you talked about hasn't affected us too bad. The main storm is a ways away, so we just get some rain once in a while. We had one night of strong wind and rain, but other than that it just rains once in a while. We have lost powere once in a while, but that isn't too un-normal here anyways. They call them brown outs. You'll lose power for a little bit, but then it usually comes back on in a little while.
I can't believe I've been gone for 8 months already! A third of my mission is already over! It is so crazy how fast time is going. I can't believe I've already been in this area for almost a week! Life just flies by here, and they say it only gets faster as you keep going.
That is so awesome that Elder Neil L. Anderson spoke to you guys there in Fairview! That is awesome. I'm a little jealous of you guys hahaha. I bet it was a really cool experience.
(Elder Anderson and his wife were staying with some friends of theirs that have a summer home here, they were are speakers in Sacrament mtg and it was awesome. A very special day for the Fairview Ward.)
Well, life is good here getting to know the investigators and members here. We have one investigator I want to tell you a little about quick. His name is Leo. He really wants to listen to us. He told us yesterday that he will join "the Mormon church". He is really receptive and wants to come to church and be baptized. But he has a big problem with drinking. He is always drinking. He is having a hard time giving it up. He really wants to do it, but it is hard. So please add him to your prayer list. He needs some help to overcome this obstacle.
Well everything is amazing here. This really is an amazing work. I'm thankful I get this time to be a part of it. I know that this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Christ lives, and that through the Atonement we can all overcome every hard trial we have in our life. I love you all so much. God be with you till we meet again.

Elder Brough
p.s. Next week I'll try to send some pics

No comments:

Post a Comment