Hello everybody! Life is still good in the Lord's work in the philippines. Good experiences and lots of rain. Time is still going by so fast. I realized yesterday that this week it will have been a year since my call came! So fast, I can't believe it.
Things are still really good here in Sam Felipe. Our investigators are doing pretty good. In fact we have a baptism coming up this Saturday, and another one next Saturday. This Saturday is Brother Leo, the investigator I told you about a while ago. It is amazing because he has completely stopped drinking and given up coffee too. He just did it cold turkey. He just stopped when we told him he had to stop drinking it. He is really amazing. his wife doesn't really like us though, so whenever we are there she leaves. Brother Leo is 65 yrs old and retired. So his wife and one son won't give him money for the tricylce to go to Church. The last 2 Sundays a member that has a tricycle went and picked him up, but yesterday before he could go get him, Brother Leo showed up at the church. He had walked the whole way. I'm not sure exactly how far it is, but a mile or 2. It took him half an hour to walk to church. But he did it because he really wants to come to church. He is just the best investigator. We taught him about tithing this week and he said he wants to pay tithing even thought he doesn't have a job and income. He just wants to follow everything. He is amazing. We have another investogatore this is doing really good too, Sister Dumulot. She was supposed to be baptized this coming week to but we just found out that she isn't married to her husband yet. They have been together for 30 years. They didn't get married at first because she was only 15 at the time and couldn't legally get married. And after that they just never really had a reason to get married. They are willing to marry, so that is really good. The husband hasn't really listened to us, but he wants to get married so that his wife can bet baptized since that is what she wants. We finally taught him the other day, and he has lots of questions and concerns. But he is nice to us, so I think good things will happen with him. It will just take some time.
Things are pretty busy here now. The missionary department is changing what they teach at the MTC pretty soon, so here in the mission we are learning all of that right now. We had our Zone conference in Olongapo this last week and learned some of that stuff, and we go back to Olongapo these next 2 weeks for Special Training. It is about an hour to hour and a half bus ride from here. So we are having some small changes here. Mostly with a bit of how we teach. But it isn't really drastice, like when they got rid of the discussions. It is pretty good stuff.
It sounds like things are going alreight for you all there. Sounds like it was a little hard withsome stuff that happened this week. We just need to trust in our Heavenly Father. He really knows. Sometimes things happen that aren't very good or pleasant. But we have to know the bad things in order to know the good. It is like it talks about in 2 Nephi 2. We have to know hard times and sad times to know and really appreciate the good times and happy times. The hard times just try our faith, and bring us closer to God if we let it. I know that we will all see each other again. We won't just see our family in the next life, but our good friends too. I know there is such great power in prayers. There is a saying I've heard here in the mission that I really love. It says, "When life gives you more than you can stand, get on your knees." When things are really hard for us, when something happens and we don't know why, just go somewhere private and kneel down and pour your soul out to our Heavenly Father. He really is our Father, and will help us. I know he loves us all so much. I know we as a family all love each other so much. This family of brothers and sisters and moms and dads, and this family of very close friends. The Lord is always there for you, and we as a family are always here for each other. Times can be hard, and that is the reason we have the Atonement. The Atonement isn't just for our sins, but to help us overcome the hard times. I really know that is true. I love you all so much. I know this church is true. I know we will all be together forever. God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Brough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment